Wow a beautiful afternoon of football the students and I just enjoyed! The gr. 7 & 8 teams were unable to attend their tournament because of their Hepatitis shots, so the teachers decided to play them this afternoon. The teachers won, of course! :) And what a wonderful way to kick off a beautiful long weekend! I hope everyone is able to get outside, and take in the warm weather! I know I will be outside lots!
This week we did need to have a small chat about friendship, and how we treat each other. It was not a major problem, but I wanted to address it before it got out of hand. The students were all very responsive, and are more aware of their actions and how they affect other people.
This week in Social Studies, the students enjoyed singing along to Stompin Tom Connor's Canadian Capitals song. If you would like to hear the song, you can find it on you tube at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjgOQDUOGAg It is a great way for the students to practice identifying the capital cities of all the provinces.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe long weekend!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- Continue blogging and journaling
- Finish learning our letters in cursive writing
- Make deep and meaningful connections to stories
- Addition to 10,000
- Estimate and round our answers
- Identify major highways
- Discuss transportation of goods and materials across Canada
- Introduction to Physical Regions of Canada
Computers - next week we will begin using Kurzwel, a typing program at school, that will also read your work back to you. For this reason, and for some of the other programs we will be using this year, I would ask that you please send a pair of headphones with your son/daughter to use. Otherwise, it is too hard to focus and work in the computer lab with all of the noise.
- Picture Day is Mon. Oct. 17th
- I will be out of the classroom on Friday morning, because I am coaching the junior boys soccer team at their tournament. I will be back in the afternoon, when the girls go to play.