"By persisting in your path, though you forfeit the little, you gain the great." Ralph Waldo Emerson
So you want to go to . . .University
Here is some information that will hopefully be helpful:
Plan! Plan! Plan! And do it NOW!
· Check out www.electronicinfo.ca . There is a lot of info there with links to all universities and their programs
See all 21 Ontario Universities under one roof at the 2014 Ontario Universities Fair, located at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. This year's fair will take place September 19 to 21. This is a free event. Check out www.ouf.ca for more details.
· Go to University Information programs. There is usually one at Westside Secondary School in Orangeville. All the Ontario universities will be there providing info and answering questions. It runs from 12:15 to 2:00pm. Your parents are welcome to join us.
· Go to a few university OPEN HOUSES or just call up the university and arrange for a visit.
Attend the University presentations here at the school.
· Make a Guidance appointment and talk about the possibilities with a Guidance Counselor. We are happy to help.
When you are ready to apply, go to www.ouac.on.ca .
· You need a PIN from us (in Guidance) in order access your application.
· You can choose up to 3 different universities or programs. Additional choices can be made but at additional cost.
· You need to pay the $130 application fee (online with a credit card or with a cheque by mail) to have your application processed. Each additional choice will cost $44.
· If you don’t have access to a computer or just want to complete the application with someone, book a double appointment in Guidance and a Guidance counselor will work through the application with you.
· Please make sure you print a copy of your OUAC application info.
The deadline to apply is January 15, 2014. We strongly recommend that you try to be completed by the end of the Christmas break.
You all already know this BUT you cannot go to university unless you successfully complete 6 U or M level grade 12 courses AND complete your 40 hours community service AND you have passed the grade 10 Literacy Test.
Ontario Universities: www.electronicinfo.ca
Macleans University Rankings: http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/rankings/
ODSS University/College Visits: College&Univ_Visits