HELPFUL WEBSITES FOR STUDENTS
Click on <Student Resources>
Ontario College info/application
Ontario University info/application
free online tutors, Correspondence Courses
online tutors, Correspondence Courses
interest survey, career planning
career info, interest tests
Grade 10 Literacy Test questions
Ontario Education website
scholarships, career quiz, scholarships
The Library Resource Centre has an excellent collection of books, magazines, online databases, information CD's and other reference material for your use. When you need help finding resources, conducting research, or proofreading your writing, just ask the library staff for assistance. Check out the O.D.S.S. Library website at http://www.ugdsb.on.ca/odss/Library.htm for your portal to our catalogue, the UGDSB video library, academically credible websites, online databases, research strategies and assignment pathfinders.
DID YOU KNOW THAT . . . . . . ?
You can search for full text articles in Canadian and international magazines and newspapers by using online subscription databases. Lessons and tips sheets are available.
15,000 books sit on our shelves.
The O.D.S.S. Library subscribes to approximately 50 magazines.
Photocopies cost only 10 cents per copy.
Internet connections are available for research using search engines and subject directories.
All students will be assigned a library account, which can be accessed only with their student card. The student is responsible for all materials signed out on her/his account. Replacement fees will be charged for lost or damaged cards. Report the loss of your card immediately so no other student may make use of it! The loan period varies with the kinds of materials borrowed:
- Fiction books 3 weeks
- Non-fiction 2 weeks
- Magazines and some reference materials may be used only in the library.
- Senior students may extend the loan period for Independent Study Research. An extension must be requested. It will not be given automatically.
- A maximum of six (6) items may be borrowed at one time, excluding fiction. All materials may be renewed up to 3 times provided the materials are not needed by other students or staff.
- Fines are levied on all overdue materials. $.20/day per item is charged for overdue materials to a maximum amount of $5.00 per item. Until all overdue materials are returned and all fines paid, NO MORE materials may be signed out from the library.
- Check the date due card in the card pocket for the return date.
- The borrower is charged with the cost of replacement or repair. A flat fee of $10.00 is charged for all lost fiction paperbacks. You will be charged the full replacement cost of non-fiction books, which traditionally cost considerably more. If you lose a book, please report the loss to the library staff at the circulation desk immediately.
- In order to keep our books and keyboards clean for your use, we ask you not to bring food and beverages into the library.
8:00 to 3:45 Monday to Thursday and Friday until 3:30.