February 15, 2017
GUELPH, Ontario –The City of Guelph is currently looking for adult crossing guards. School crossing guards are employed by the municipality and are a vital part of our school communities.
If you are looking for a part time job that allows you to give back to the community, keep students and pedestrians safe and allows you to spend time outside, this is the job for you.
Crossing guards are required before and after school. Daily shifts are scheduled between 7:45 to 9:00 a.m. and 2:45 to 4:00 p.m. Days of work include Mondays to Fridays when the school is open. Time off includes, weekends, PD days and school holidays.
To become a crossing guard, you must have the following:
- The commitment to ensuring the safe crossing of all pedestrians and students to and from school
- A love for the outdoors, regardless of weather conditions
- A positive attitude and friendly demeanour
- The desire to work approximately 2 hours per day
- The ability to follow all safety regulations and report any concerns
- A clean criminal reference check
For more information about crossing guards across the UGDSB, please visit the board website.
To apply to the City of Guelph, please visit, http://guelph.ca/employment-careers/careers-jobs/part-time-and-seasonal/crossing-guards/