Grade 7/8E Weekly Update (September 16th - September 20th)
* Grade 7 Immunization Forms (2)
* Grade 8 Girls HPV Immunization Form
* UG Cloud Permission Form
* Rockwood Trip Permission Form
* Pizza Forms (Due by Friday, September 20th)
*Meet the Teacher Night > Wednesday, September 18th (6pm-8pm)
*Rockwood Trip > Friday, September 20th (9am-3pm)
*Pizza Days Start > Friday, September 28th
*Photo Day > Wednesday, October 2nd
*Immunization Day > Wednesday, October 2nd
MAP MAKING ACTIVITY (Due > Friday, September 20th)
-Draw a birds eye view map of the room in your home where you do your homework.
-Draw and label the shapes of the significant and/or fixed furniture pieces or objects that fill in that space.
-Determine, draw and label an imagined equator, prime meridian, tropic of cancer and tropic of capricorn in that space.
-Include a compass rose
-Include a loosely accurate scale (unit of measure is your foot)
-Include a legend
-Include a title and your name
-Design your map on grid paper or using a computer
**Note. A large part of the evaluation criteria for this assignment is imbedded in the instructions above. Additionally, you will be evaluated on your degree of completeness, neatness, accuracy, and creativity.
LANGUAGE: (Due > Friday, September 20th)
“The Giver” Chapter Summaries
Divide up with your assigned partners the job of writing a 2-3 sentence summary of each chapter in the novel up to chapter 16. Hand in one copy with both of your names on it.
“The Giver” Reading Responses
Using UGcloud or a piece of paper to be handed in respond to the two following reading response prompts. Use GRAPES to format your paragraphs. Keep your paragraphs between half to one page in length.
- Each day The Giver must decide what memory to give to Jonas. They are, of course, not just personal memories but also the collective memories of the whole community, stretching far back in time. Choose something that has happened in our world in the past and transmit that memory to Jonas. Why would you choose this memory? What will Jonas learn from it? How will it make him wiser?
- Jonas spends all day with The Giver. What do you notice about their relationship? How does it differ from other relationships in the community?
Good grammar, spelling, and structure throughout.
Rephrase important parts of the question in your introduction.
Answer the question in a gist.
Prove your answer by giving 2-3 detailed examples to prove your point.
Extend your answer by making a connection, an inference, or asking a question
Stylize your writing by using your original writing voice and using creativity.
Looking forward to meeting parents on the 18th!
(B.A., BEd., MEd.)