Employment Opportunities - Non Teaching
The Upper Grand District School Board, which covers Dufferin and Wellington Counties, employs more than 2,800 permanent staff and more than 1,150 casual employees. We often receive hundreds of applications for a single position.
For this reason, and because of the limited number of administrative and support staff we have to process these applications, we cannot accept unsolicited resumes or applications. We, therefore, can only accept applications for positions for which we are currently advertising.
For this same reason, we regret that we cannot respond to every application. We certainly do appreciate the interest of every person who applies to work with us, but we can only contact people who we are inviting to an interview.
Unfortunately, we cannot keep applications on file after the interviewing process is completed. If you apply for a position with the Board and are not successful, you will have to send us your application again the next time we advertise for a position that is of interest to you.
- Applications must be submitted electronically to the appropriate email address – with the exception of positions advertised under the C.U.P.E bargaining unit, which can either be emailed or submitted by means of a hard copy.
- For your electronic application to be considered, please ensure you quote in the subject line the job code number as it appears in the posting followed by your first and last name.
- A separate application must be submitted for each employment opportunity unless otherwise indicated.
- Applications should be in PDF format and include a cover letter and a resume outlining your qualifications and experience.
- Unsolicited applications will not be accepted.
- Applications are not kept on file once the selection process has been completed.
Shortlisting of Applications
- For positions within the bargaining units, applications from qualified internal candidates will be given first consideration, followed by those qualified individuals on our casual supply list (if applicable), followed by qualified external applicants.
- While we thank all applicants for their interest in working for the Upper Grand District School Board, we wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Work-related references will be requested if you are invited to an interview.
- An original Criminal Record Check must be submitted to and approved by Human Resources prior to the commencement of employment. A Vulnerable Sector Screeing may also be required depending on the position being filled. Please note that the Criminal Record Check must be dated within six (6) months of the date of acceptance of employment. Any expense incurred in obtaining a Criminal Record Check will be the sole responsibility of the employee. The Board’s offer of employment is conditional upon the receipt and approval of an original Criminal Record Check and perhaps a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- The successful candidate must obtain a Criminal Record Check through a local police service headquarters or regional police services. As noted above, a Vulnerable Sector Screening may also be required depending on the position being filled. Police services, however, may restrict their services to applicants who live within their jurisdictions. Police Services usually require applicants to complete a form and provide one or two pieces of photo identification before they access the CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) database electronically. As this process can take up to six (6) weeks to be finalized by your local police service, we strongly recommend that you begin the process of obtaining a Criminal Record Check at your earliest convenience.
- Should an applicant submit a Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Screening showing evidence of a criminal offence, confirmation of their employment will be postponed pending a review of the information. A criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. The Upper Grand District School Board reserves the right to request applicants to provide additional information with regard to their application of employment. The final decision will be made by the Executive Officer of Human Resources and/or the Human Resources Services Team Leader.
- A medical assessment may be required as per position requirements.