FAQ – Non-Teaching Employment Opportunities

How do I apply for non-teaching employment opportunities?

  • Applications must be submitted electronically to the appropriate email address – with the exception of positions advertised under the C.U.P.E. bargaining unit, which can either be emailed or submitted by means of a hard copy.
  • For your electronic application to be considered, please ensure you quote in the subject line the job code number as it appears in the posting followed by your first and last name.
  • A separate application must be submitted for each employment opportunity unless otherwise indicated.
  • Applications should be in PDF format and include a cover letter and a resume outlining your qualifications and experience.

Some postings indicate “10-month” or “12-month “positions. What does this mean?

  • Please note that a "10-month" position is a position in which a person is employed by the Board for ten months of the year, exclusive of July and August, and a "12-month" position is a position in which a person is employed by the Board for twelve months of the year.

Are unsolicited applications accepted?

  • Unsolicited applications will not be accepted.

Are applications kept on file?

  • Applications are not kept on file once the selection process has been completed.

How are applications shortlisted?

  • For positions within the bargaining units, applications from qualified internal candidates will be given first consideration, followed by those qualified individuals on our supply lists (if applicable), followed by qualified external candidates.

Are applicants notified when their application has been received?

  • While we thank all applicants for their interest in working for the Upper Grand District School Board, we wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

What documentation may be required?

  • Professional and work-related references will be requested if you are invited to an interview.

    An original Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening, must be submitted to and approved by the Human Resources Department prior to the commencement of employment. Please note that the CRC must be dated within six (6) months of the date of acceptance of employment. Any expense incurred in obtaining a CRC will be the sole responsibility of the employee. The Board’s offer of employment is conditional upon the receipt and approval of an original and current Criminal Record Check.

How do I obtain a Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening for employment?

  • The successful candidate must obtain a Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening, through a local police service headquarters or regional police services. Police services, however, may restrict their services to applicants who live within their jurisdictions. Police Services usually require applicants to complete a form and provide one or two pieces of photo identification before they access the CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) database electronically. As this process can take up to six (6) weeks, or longer, to be finalized by your local police service, we strongly recommend that you begin the process of obtaining a Criminal Record Check at your earliest convenience.

What happens if an applicant has a Criminal Record?

  • Should an applicant submit a Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Screening, showing evidence of a criminal offence, confirmation of their employment will be postponed pending a review of the information. A criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. The Upper Grand District School Board reserves the right to request applicants to provide additional information with regard to their application of employment. The final decision will be made by the Executive Officer of Human Resources and/or the Human Resources Services Team Leader.

Is a medical required?

  • A medical assessment may be required as per position requirements.