Grade 12 Headwaters: A Journey to the Source
Explore the wild...
Learn in and from community...
Gain academic and life skills...
Earn 4 Credits in the semester of a lifetime!
PAD 4OK - Outdoor Activities:
Sew mukluks (Semester 2) or carve paddles (Semester 1)
- Go winter camping or canoe tripping for 6 days
- Lead activities
- Bike to learning sites
- Overnight solo
CGR 4MK- Environment and Resource Management
- Roleplay on logging in Algonquin
- Explore urban agriculture and grow a garden
- Cook a locavore meal
- Map our watershed
- Experience what our community is doing to move to a post-carbon world
ENG 4UK University English (pre-requisite: ENG 3U) or ENG 4CK or Studies in Literature ETS 4U
- Study significant works of fiction, non-fiction and poetry selected to facilitate consideration of environmental themes
- Research and present "voices" of individuals in our historical and current community
- Gain the critical analysis skills you need for post-secondary
IDP 4UK or IDP 4OK Interdisciplinary Studies:
- Conduct interviews with community members for a "Voices" publication
- Teach during the grade 3 Rubber Boots program
- Facilitate a sustainable living skills workshop
- Record your experience through a program journal
There is a course fee of around $800 for Headwaters to pay for our trips and our off site location. No student is denied the opportunity to take Headwaters due to financial reasons. There is a bursary available.
[ CELP and Headwaters Bursary Application (pdf)]