Welcome to Centre Dufferin District High School, home of the "Royals"
CDDHS has a proud tradition of academic excellence and extra-curricular success. We believe students, staff, parents and the whole community are all partners, responsible for student learning at CDDHS. As a school, our commitment, flexibility and mutual respect ensures success for all students. Our goal is to create a welcoming safe and friendly environment where all students develop a pathway that leads to future success.
Pat Hamilton, Principal
Welcome CDDHS parents. Text @cddh to 289-204-2193 to receive regular CDDHS updates via text to your cell phone. To access your student's attendance click here.
Bus Delay and Cancellation Subscription Service Available. You will be sent an email when your child(ren's) bus has been cancelled or is delayed. To subscribe go to: https://www.findmyschool.ca/subscriptions/login.aspx and follow the directions.
Shelburne student corrects foggy account of war crime about a fallen Orangeville soldier - Congratulation to Ewan M for his research work that set the record straight. (Photo by Lynn Codd)
Jekyll and Hyde - the Musical Tickets are now on sale. Use the CDDHS on line reservation system to reserve your tickets now. Shows are May 1 - 3 at 7:30 pm with a matinee performance Saturday May 3 at 1:30 pm. All tickets are $15 each. Note: some scenes may frighten.
CDDHS Food School Food Card - The 5 uses card is $20, you can spend up to $5 (or get the day's special) each time--so you SAVE $5 if you purchase the card instead of paying cash for lunch
The Upper Grand District School Board's 2012 Annual Report is filled with many achievements from the year past, with stories about student achievement and energized staff, including CDDHS's Neil Orford (page 17) and Connie Tipling (page 19).
Just a reminder that Girl Gab meets every Wednesday at lunch in Room 61. This is a fun group for girls where we explore "all things unique to being girl", build friendships and self-esteem and make some pretty cool crafts! Feedback last year was great and we are looking for more girls to join us. See Dawn for more information.
The 2013-14 school brochure, calendar, bullying prevention plan and PLC schedule are now available.(Note that PLC is cancelled in semester 2 due to previous weather disruptions)
Follow Centre Dufferin on Twitter - get the news you need now about all the great things going on. Just click on the Twitter icon found in the right upper hand corner. Follow the library on Twitter: @LibraryCDDHS and follow the Europe 2013 trip on Twitter: @junobeach2013 New to Twitter? Learn about it here.
Applying to a college or university this year? Need a transcript - click here. Read the university guide and the college guide. 7 Conversation Tips for Parents of Post-Secondary Students
Locker Rules Late to Class Policy Volunteer Opportunities
Once again this year, math students in Grades 7 to 10 will have access to live, interactive, online math help through the expansion of a pilot project funded by the Ministry of Education. Homework Help is free, real-time math tutoring by certified Ontario teachers. During the summer all resources are available but the live interactive math help is not.
- Manon Racine, RN BScN, who is here Monday and Thursday is a Public Health Nurse (PHN). Ms. Racine can be reached at 519-925-2244, ext. 320 or at the Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Health Unit at 1-800-265-7293, ext. 5630. PHN help students achieve an optimum level of health by offering: catch up immunizations, birth control counselling, testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections as well as providing health promotion and classroom support for the health curriculum.
NOTE: The PHN does not offer first aid or attend to health emergencies. Ill or injured students are required to report to the main office of the school immediately.
- EQAO results for Literacy, Math and grades 3 and 6 are available on line at www.eqao.com along with tips for parents and students.
Dress Code at Centre Dufferin
Dress is a form of expressing individuality, however, staff and students at Centre Dufferin must dress in a manner which neither offends nor distracts others because of immodesty or offensive logos or language.
Therefore the following applies:
- No clothing or hats illustrating alcohol, drugs, racial or religious slurs, inappropriate language or slogans.
- Shorts and skirts must be appropriate length (eg. end of fingertips with arms extended)
- Tops and bottoms must meet
- No inappropriate top exposure
- No underwear showing
- Students may be offered items of school clothing to wear during the school day so that they are dressed in an appropriate manner.
- Report Cards - Thursday, April 24
- Dufferin Festival of the Arts - Orangeville Baptist Church - May 7 the CDDHS grade 11/12 band will be performing with the elementary band students. On the morning of May 8 the CDDHS vocal class will perform selections from the Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables.
- Spring Music Concert - Thursday, June 5
CDDHS MISSION STATEMENT
Partners Learning Together; Creating Successful Tomorrows
School Effectiveness Framework Components of Focus
Assessment for, as, and of Learning
Students and teachers share a common understanding of the learning goals and related success criteria.
Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
Timely and tiered interventions, supported by a team approach, respond to individual student learning needs.
Other Indicators from School Self-Assessment
Staff, students and school community promote and sustain student well-being and positive student behaviour in a safe and healthy learning environment.
Resources for students are relevant, current, accessible and inclusive.
Please see our school brochure for more information.