NINE MONTHS to go until departure - Welcome to Semester II
January 31st has come & gone!!! - Second deposits were due !!!!
8 students have yet to pay their January 31st deposit
12 students have NOT brought in their Passport photocopies!!!
15 students have NOT completed their Veteran Consent forms
Please see that these forms are delivered on February 4th
Also - Please read the Feedback Request about Tour Itinerary Changes:
Dear Parents/Participants on the CDDHS Battlefields Tour...
I need some feedback from you on a potential change to the itinerary for November’s Tour. This is only a potential change - nothing has been altered as of yet. However, I wish to get some feedback from you before I proceed
The Proposed Change:
• Drop the UK leg of the Tour entirely
• Fly direct from Toronto to Paris on Nov 10th
• Take Day One/Two in Paris
• Resume the Itinerary as scheduled on Day Three in Bayeux
• Arrive in Holland one day early & add an extra day in Holland
1. The UK leg of the tour is (by far) the most expensive component of the tour
2. Brightspark has been unable to arrange a direct flight to London - as it currently is scheduled, we must fly Toronto-Paris & lay-over 2 ½ hours in Paris before taking a 30 minute flight to London to begin the Tour on Day One
3. The aforementioned change would allow student/adults to experience Paris (but not London)
4. We could spend a bit more time in Holland, not the UK
□ We do not have exact figures yet, but I am led to believe that this change would result in some cost savings to all participants
□ No lay-over would be preferable for all involved
□ No need to buy UK currency - Euros will suffice for the entire tour
□ Paris (yes) / London (no) / Amsterdam/Rotterdam (yes)
a) Please send me your thoughts by February 9th at the latest
b) I will abide by the consensus decision after hearing from a majority of participants
c) We can get you some real expenditure numbers asap.
Call me at 519-925-3834 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org