Welcome to Centre Dufferin District High School, home of the "Royals"
CDDHS has a proud tradition of academic excellence and extra-curricular success. We believe students, staff, parents and the whole community are all partners, responsible for student learning at CDDHS. As a school, our commitment, flexibility and mutual respect ensures success for all students. Our goal is to create a welcoming safe and friendly environment where all students develop a pathway that leads to future success.
Pat Hamilton, Principal
Welcome CDDHS parents. Text @cddh to 289-204-2193 to receive regular CDDHS updates via text to your cell phone. To access your student's attendance click here.
Bus Delay and Cancellation Subscription Service Available. You will be sent an email when your child(ren's) bus has been cancelled or is delayed. To subscribe go to: https://www.findmyschool.ca/subscriptions/login.aspx and follow the directions.
Great opportunity to have your student voice heard - more information here.
Nominate a youth or adult volunteer for an award from the province of Ontario. Ontario Medal for Young Volunteers (Jan 15 deadline) Ontario Volunteer Service Awards (Jan 25 deadline)
Information for parents about substance use from Community Addiction Services (CADS)
CDDHS is proud to offer students the option of Advanced Placement (AP) in History. AP provides opportunities for motivated and prepared students to experience college-level courses while in high school, thereby fostering critical thinking and college persistence and success. For more information see the AP coordinator, Ms Wright-Elliott, or click here.
Twenty senior history students from three high schools will embark on a journey into the past beginning this February. Read the media release
College and university reps will be presenting in the back of Guidance. Grade 12 students must sign-up for these presentations and will receive a blue "excuse slip" from their classroom teacher. Students must go to class and have their attendance taken before coming to Guidance.
Read the UGDSB Annual Report
Follow Centre Dufferin on Twitter - get the news you need now about all the great things going on. Just click on the Twitter icon found in the right upper hand corner. Follow the library on Twitter: @LibraryCDDHS. New to Twitter? Learn about it here.
Applying to a college or university this year? Need a transcript - click here. Read the university guide and the college guide 7 Conversation Tips for Parents of Post-Secondary Students
Locker Rules Late to Class Policy Volunteer Opportunities 2014-2015 CDDHS Brochure
2014-2015 Timetable and Important Dates
Once again this year, math students in Grades 7 to 10 will have access to live, interactive, online math help through the expansion of a pilot project funded by the Ministry of Education. Homework Help is free, real-time math tutoring by certified Ontario teachers. During the summer all resources are available but the live interactive math help is not.
- Manon Racine, RN BScN, who is here Monday and Thursday is a Public Health Nurse (PHN). Ms. Racine can be reached at 519-925-2244, ext. 320 or at the Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Health Unit at 1-800-265-7293, ext. 5630. PHN help students achieve an optimum level of health by offering: catch up immunizations, birth control counselling, testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections as well as providing health promotion and classroom support for the health curriculum.
NOTE: The PHN does not offer first aid or attend to health emergencies. Ill or injured students are required to report to the main office of the school immediately.
- EQAO results for Literacy, Math and grades 3 and 6 are available on line at www.eqao.com along with tips for parents and students.
Dress Code at Centre Dufferin
Dress is a form of expressing individuality, however, staff and students at Centre Dufferin must dress in a manner which neither offends nor distracts others because of immodesty or offensive logos or language.
Therefore the following applies:
- No clothing or hats illustrating alcohol, drugs, racial or religious slurs, inappropriate language or slogans.
- Shorts and skirts must be appropriate length (eg. end of fingertips with arms extended)
- Tops and bottoms must meet
- No inappropriate top exposure
- No underwear showing
- Students may be offered items of school clothing to wear during the school day so that they are dressed in an appropriate manner.
- December 19 - Last day of class before Christmas Holiday
- January 5 - First day of class for 2015
- January 23-29 Exams
- January 29 - Grade 8 Parents Night 7 pm in the Cafe
CDDHS MISSION STATEMENT
Partners Learning Together; Creating Successful Tomorrows
School Effectiveness Framework Components of Focus
Assessment for, as, and of Learning
Students and teachers share a common understanding of the learning goals and related success criteria.
Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
Timely and tiered interventions, supported by a team approach, respond to individual student learning needs.
Other Indicators from School Self-Assessment
Staff, students and school community promote and sustain student well-being and positive student behaviour in a safe and healthy learning environment.
Resources for students are relevant, current, accessible and inclusive.
Please see our school brochure for more information.