THE EVERYDAY HERO AWARD
Award of Excellence - 2012-2013 School Year
The purpose of the Everyday Hero Award is to publicly recognize significant and outstanding achievements of employees and representatives of system partners of the Upper Grand District School Board.
Candidates for the award may be any employee or group of employees or representatives from system partner organizations (i.e. bus drivers, crossing guards, community groups, etc.). Candidates who contribute by actions and efforts to the development of a positive learning or working environment may be nominated by their colleagues, students, parents, and/or other system partners.
- Performance of duties at a high level at all times
- A significant school and/or system-related achievement
- A specific innovation or achievement of significant value or importance to the system, or
- A unique circumstance considered worthy of recognition by the Board.
Nominations will be submitted on the Everyday Hero Award nomination form by:
- Staff members
- Parents, and
- Other system partners.
Nominations must include:
- The name of the candidate(s)
- The candidate(s)' work location
- Names and signatures of at least two nominators
- Signature of a work location administrator or equivalent (such as a school council chair) and
- A rationale for the nomination.
You must submit appropriate supporting documentation (letters of support, etc.) to assist the committee in selecting the year’s Everyday Heroes.
Nomination forms must be submitted to the Communications Office not later than Friday April 26, 2013. Late nominations will not be accepted.
Presentations will be made on Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. in the E. L. Fox Auditorium, (John F. Ross CVI). A maximum of 10 awards will be presented.
To provide a range of winners that are representative of the system as a whole, the Selection Committee will consider:
- Award Criteria
- Quality of the submission including appropriate and supportive documentation
- Representation from a variety of employee/partner groups
- Geographic distribution across the system
A note to nominators
Everyday Heroes are people who affect the lives and learning of many people in the system and this should be effectively demonstrated. The quality and care put into the submission and details including supportive documentation, testimonials, personal anecdotes etc. from more than one person are important.
Send nominations to
Maggie McFadzen, Communications Officer, 519-822-4420 ext. 725; Fax: 519-826-9534, or email Maggie.email@example.com
Download the nomination form Download the criteria
View the list of award recipients from previous years
Photo by DScott28604, licensed under Creative Commons