We have several students in the school at a variety of grade levels who have severe allergies to peanut and/or nut products. For these students, contact with peanuts/nuts can be life threatening. A nut allergy is difficult to control, because it can be transmitted by a child with just a trace of peanut oil on his or her hands touching a desk or drinking fountain with which the allergic child comes in contact. Thank you for your help in keeping our children healthy and safe, by not sending peanut products to school.
PLEASE NOTE: Alternative Soy Products, which are designed to look, smell and taste like peanut butter are thought to create safety concerns for those with nut allergies and are also to be avoided.