Sorry to everyone that his been awhile since my last update. With the year coming to an end there are some very important dates coming up!
1) The Atom and Bantam track meet date has been changed from May 18th to 25th due to weather.
2) The East Gary Boys Volleyball Team has qualified for the A Pool final on Wednesday the 18th at WSS at 8:15pm. Good luck boys! Come out and cheer if you are accompanied by a parent. Please bring a non-perishible food item as your entry fee.
3) The County track and field meet will take place June 17th with the raindate on June 21st.
4) The grade 7 and 8 students will be taking their Brock Trip June 8th-10th. Please let the school know
if your child will not be at school if they are not participating on the trip.
5) The grade 6 students in our class will be writing their EQAO test the first week of June.
6) Our class has finished their term 2 unit in geography (world markets) and has started history unit on Western Canadian expansion. We will build into this Canadian trading partners to meet the requirements of the grade 6 social studies program. Accordingly, they should be spending some time each night reading from chapters 6-8 in their history text book.
7) History Quiz on Chapter 6 Wednesday, May 18th.
8) The students have just finished a grade 6 and 7 unit in fractions and both groups will be moving into 3d geometry and measurement.
8) Jump Rope and Hoops for Heart is on Thursday, May 19th in the morning. Dress appropriately for physcial activity!