Hope everyone is enjoying their no bus day! AHHHHHH!
Just a couple of reminders of things you could be working on:
1) Grade 8's...your history unit test on New France is coming up on Monday, November the 28th...You should be working on your crib notes and making sure you've read chapters 1-5 in the text. Focus on the text information and your quizzes. We have not used the handout package in your duotangs and it will not be on the test. In the text focus on the following:
Chapter 1- Cartier, Champlain, Fur Trade and Early European Settlements
Chapter 2- Fur Trade - Missionaries and Aboriginal Conflicts
Chapter 3- The Royal Government (Intendent, Governor, and Bishop) Talon, Frontenac, Laval
Chapter 4- The Seigneurial System ...the role of the Seigneurs, Habitants and the Church
Chapter 5 -French vs British Conflict -Seven Years War -The 3 Trouble Spots - Acadian Expulsion
Montcalm vs Wolfe and the Plains of Abraham battle .... Pay Special Attention to the
Royal Proclamation of 1763 and the Quebec Act of 1774
2) Grade 7 and 8 students need to have the permission forms and $10 into Mr.P and Mr.Mead for our Trappers and Traders trip on Tuesday, November 29th....to the Island Lake Outdoor Ed. Centre
3) Grade 7's .... you test in science will be on Friday or Monday so make sure you are studying!
The rotary switch for geograph, history and science will commence on Tuesday of next week. The Grade 7's will be starting geography with Mr.P and our first unit will be the 5 Themes of Geographic Inquiry (House Hunting 101). The Grade 8's will be starting science with Mr.P. The next switch back will not be until the second term in February.
4) Grade 7's .... don't forget about your unit 13 spelling dication Friday and you unit test in math from chapter 2 will also be Friday! (Ratio, Rates, %, decimals and Fractions)....remember...all are just ways to compare information and data....different ways to say the same thing....There is a good studying review on page 75 of the text.
5) This year's downhill ski dates have been tentatively booked at Mansfield. Jan. 13th, 27th, and Feb. 10th. More definate information will follow later